We understand that maintaining consistent high quality standards is vitally important for hotels in order to protect your staff and guests and help preserve your reputation and position in the marketplace.
Recent incidents of hotel closures due to legionella bacteria found in water samples, such as The Feathers Hotel, in Ludlow, Shropshire where a hotel guest died after contracting Legionnaires’ disease and another fell ill following a stay at the same place, go to show the importance of ensuring you are doing all you can to ensure compliance – especially in the area of water safety.
We understand that keeping up to date with paper records for information can be nearly impossible. By implementing ZetaSafe you can keep track of water safety / legionella compliance at your hotel or across large, multi-site chains of hotels.
All workplaces have legal duties under the Health and Safety Executive’s publication of ‘The Control of Legionella bacteria in Water Systems – Approved Code of Practice and Guidance (ACoP L8)’ and Technical guidance HSG274. Statutory duties are placed on the duty holder (the person in control of the premises) who must appoint a ‘Responsible Person’ to manage the control of Legionella. Industry best practice is to carry out a site specific Legionella Risk Assessment on all water systems in the premises on a two yearly cycle and there is a duty to keep Monitoring data for five years. ZetaSafe legionella software is perfectly placed to meet this requirement. This five year requirement means complex or extensive estates such can drown in paper. It’s near impossible to see trends from the routine tasks, making it even more difficult to act upon any issues. You’re running the risk of being non-compliant and worse still not effectively guarding against the potentially fatal threat of contracting Legionnaires’ disease.
Why ZetaSafe for hotels?
We understand that your focus needs to be on ensuring customer expectations are exceeded so they will want to return again and ZetaSafe can help ensure that compliance failures do not compromise all that hard work. ZetaSafe makes all of your critical data easily accessible, so any issues can be corrected immediately to protect your guests, staff and reputation. Click the image below to explore ZetaSafe.
- Ensure Water Safety / Legionella compliance to ACoP L8 and HSG274 / HTM 04-01.
- Personalised dashboards can be configured so that each stakeholder has easy access to the most important and relevant data to them.
- Managers and supply partners can view the same information simultaneously wherever there is internet access, saving them time and resources.
- Integrates to other systems such as CAFM*, Property, Facilities / Maintenance Management, PPM systems, Workforce Scheduling and Accounting Ledgers. *ZetaSafe integrates directly with Qube Planet FM.
How does it work?
- Smartphones, tablets or even PDAs with bluetooth temperature probes can be used to collect data and the system is already programmed with the prescribed L8 and HSG274 temperature limits and frequencies and for the other manual inspections required too.
- ZetaSafe Legionella logbook software puts you in control; you can schedule your tasks, manage failures or defects and analyse any trends. ZetaSafe makes it easier and more visible to help ensure compliance.
￼￼Download Explainer PDF